Thursday, October 23, 2008

Alarm Clocks


LF A better method of waking up. I have been trying for weeks to find a more stable way to wake up (as I'm not one of those people who can a.) set an alarm clock and wake up the first time or b.) wake up when I am supposed to via some natural timer). And the problem is that I am getting odd ours of sleep to begin with (2AM - 8AM and the likes) And it occurs to me that my oversleeping may catch me in a bad spot someday. Now so far I haven't missed anything critical (an early morning math class, a C&IT 176 class or two, but nothing critical) but what concerns me is that if this keeps up I may very well miss something critical. I can't remember how it is I managed to wake up pretty much on time every day for chat state, but I think it had to do with the distance of my alarm clock, in addition to that I seem to have "adapted" to the sound and now even in sleep can flat block it out.

I've been using my phone (as I can change the alarm on that) with some mild success, but I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on a sure fire method (short of rotating my sleep schedule as right now I can not do that) of waking up on time. It's be an annoyance to wake up and go "Shit, I can't go to class now, they're right in the middle of things" especially as final's and projects loom ever closer to getting started.

I have tried the phone option as I said above, I tried switching my alarm clock to radio so that random music would play, but none of these methods really work. So I am at a loss...

So for the next few days I'll just update you on what does work, and maybe I'll find a sure fire method of waking up to get something done.

No comments: